An Immigration Law Blog Thing

Tag: Employment Authorization



    WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION? You cannot apply for employment authorization unless you are eligible. Typically employment authorization is something you apply for in conjunction with another benefit and USCIS will grant an applicant employment authorization while their application is pending. There are other circumstances, such as nonimmigrant visas or individuals that are granted…

    Continue reading

  • Employment Authorization Category Codes

    Employment Authorization Category Codes

    USCIS EAD Category Codes An Employment Authorization Document (EAD) also referred to as a “Work Permit” by some people, allows the person to legally work in the U.S., usually while their application with USCIS is pending adjudication. To get your EAD you must submit a Form I-765 to USCIS, which will ask you for your…

    Continue reading